Expected output files of mashed content & ClosureCompilerCompressMode

Feb 22, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Edited Feb 22, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hi,

I have been using Chirpy for about 6 months now, and it seems like the output files of mashed content can differ (over time). From what I can remember of the beginning, mashing would generate a filename.js and and a filename.min.js. In our production site we use the .min version of the files, but it seems like after compiling the last source code (previous code was the 2.0.4 release), it does not generate a .min version, just the filename.js. The file is however minified.

In the <FileGroup Name="filename.js"> we dont have Minify="false" (which we do have on some already minified files). The problem now is that we have several references to the .min files in several place that are now broken. Fixing these references once-off isn't a big deal, but not knowing what to expect in the future with possibly missing files is a little bigger :-)

What is current expect-able workflow in the mashing process? Is it supposed to generate both files? Or just a minified one without the .min? Also does it make a difference if we're running in the Console version?

ClosureCompilerCompressMode 

With the latest source of Chirpy, the ClosureCompilerCompressMode has changed from `SIMPLE_OPTIMIZATIONS` (I think) to ADVANCED_OPTIMIZATIONS.. So my js is now compressed too hard and not working.. This is quite a major change of functionality.. How can I specify the compression level in Console.Chirpy for all my JS files? I think with the MinifyWith attribute, I can specify it in the mash.chirp file, but files files are compressed individually..

Thanks again!

Developer
Feb 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Min

Watch issue : http://chirpy.codeplex.com/workitem/62

ClosureCompilerCompressMode 

Change default engine for js in config screen.

Tools > Options > Chirpy > Config