Disable chirpy support for .less files

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Hello,

Since chirpy breaks highlight support for .less files when used with Mindscape's Web Workbench, I would like to simply fully disable (highlight) support for .less files. I wouldn't mind disabling the support for those files alltogether, since it's not useful to me. Any pointers on how I would go about doing that in source?

Feb 2, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Found it, had to break this method in Chirp.cs:

(line 622)

public void TreatLessAsCss(bool force)

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Chirpy should add and option to the .less options dialog to disable treating .less as css

Developer
Feb 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Fix in changeset :

http://chirpy.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/d8dbe8ecc108

Feb 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I'm still having problems with this. originally i had mindscape workbench installed, and then in installed chirpy.

There was no syntax highlighting. So i uninsatlled workbench, still no highlighting.

Uninstalled chirpy and built it from latest source, re-installed, no highlighting. 

My file name is Less1.chirp.less

Is there a special way to uninstall the add-in, other than deleting the contents of c:\users\<my user name>\documents\visual studio 2010\addins\ ? Are there some registry settings or something left over that I need to reset? If so how? 

Developer
Feb 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Chirpy Treat Less as css . For advance syntax highlighting use mindscape workbench,

uninstall 

Yes delete files.

registry settings

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Chirp