Chirpy & Team Foundation Server

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Love the tool and have been using it for over half a year, however Chirpy automatically checks out the project file for the website that's using Chirpy every time I open the solution. Every time I open the solution I have to undo the checkout on my project file.  Finally figured I should ask about this issue...

I could be totally wrong -- but I think it's because Chirpy minifies on project load and removes then readds the .min files to the project.  Is it possible to turn off on-load minifying or somehow fix this issue some other way?  Would it be bad to turn off the on-load minifying if that's possible?

Info: VS 2010, TFS 2010, Chirpy (I think I have the newest version but I can't figure out how to check), and we are using the "web project" type of project file (not "website" type)

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Forgot to include this in the last posting, but it also always errors as soon as I open up my web project as well which I believe is also related to the source control issue:

Ready
ConfigEngine -- C:\MyPath\cssmash.chirp.config
ConfigEngine -- C:\MyPath\jsmash.chirp.config
Error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004000C): Unspecified error
   at EnvDTE.ProjectItems.AddFromFile(String FileName)
   at Zippy.Chirp.Manager.VSProjectItemManager.AddItem(ProjectItem projectItem, String fullFileNameToAdd)
   at Zippy.Chirp.Manager.VSProjectItemManager.AddItems(ProjectItem projectItem, IEnumerable`1 filesToAdd)
   at Zippy.Chirp.Manager.VSProjectItemManager.Process()
   at Zippy.Chirp.Manager.VSProjectItemManager.Dispose()
   at Zippy.Chirp.Engines.ConfigEngine.Run(String fullFileName, ProjectItem projectItem)
   at Zippy.Chirp.Engines.EngineManager.Process(ProjectItem projectItem)