JSHINT is not defined

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I get this error when i try to save myfile.js

JSHintEngine -- C:\website\myfile.js

Error: Jurassic.JavaScriptException: ReferenceError: JSHINT is not defined

at global_(ScriptEngine , Scope , Object )

at Jurassic.Compiler.GlobalMethodGenerator.Execute()

at Jurassic.ScriptEngine.Execute(ScriptSource source)

at UglifyCS.Environment.Run(String script, Expression`1[] vars)

at UglifyCS.JSHint.JSHINT(String source, options options)

at Zippy.Chirp.Engines.JSHintEngine.Run(String fullFileName, ProjectItem projectItem)

at Zippy.Chirp.Engines.EngineManager.Process(ProjectItem projectItem)

Developer
Sep 30, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Last source code version use new engine.

Probably fix your error.

Oct 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Using VS2010 I also get this error. I just downloaded the addin this morning.

Oct 19, 2011 at 5:25 AM

I also get this error in VS2010 SP1 on Windows 7. I just installed the latest version from codeplex today.

at Jurassic.ScriptEngine.Execute(String code)   
at Zippy.Chirp.Engines.JSHintEngine.Run(String fullFileName, ProjectItem projectItem)  

Oct 19, 2011 at 4:20 PM
paddywhack wrote:

I also get this error in VS2010 SP1 on Windows 7. I just installed the latest version from codeplex today.

at Jurassic.ScriptEngine.Execute(String code)   

Same to me as well

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Me three

Oct 27, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Vote here guys:

http://chirpy.codeplex.com/workitem/103

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Edited Nov 1, 2011 at 11:46 PM

I took matters into my own hands a month ago and found the following workaround. But it involves building 2 different solutions in VS.

1. Download the Jurassic bits from CodePlex. I grabbed the latest changeset back then, but in the meantime there have been more changes. http://jurassic.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

2. Open this solution and rebuild it. I built both debug & release (in that order). There were some projects that didn't open, but I just ignored them.

3. Download the Chripy bits from CodePlex and open the SLN in Visual Studio.

4. Delete the package reference to Jurassic from Chirpy (in references). Then, point to the binary (I used retail) you built in Step #2 above.

5. Rebuild Chirpy.

6. Find the Chirpy.vsi file in the 'bin' directory and run it.

7. When Chripy prompts you that various files already exist, just chose the overwrite option (e.g. *don't* create a newly named version of the same file).

Nov 15, 2011 at 2:38 AM
ArmchairBronco wrote:

I took matters into my own hands a month ago and found the following workaround. But it involves building 2 different solutions in VS.

1. Download the Jurassic bits from CodePlex. I grabbed the latest changeset back then, but in the meantime there have been more changes. http://jurassic.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

2. Open this solution and rebuild it. I built both debug & release (in that order). There were some projects that didn't open, but I just ignored them.

3. Download the Chripy bits from CodePlex and open the SLN in Visual Studio.

4. Delete the package reference to Jurassic from Chirpy (in references). Then, point to the binary (I used retail) you built in Step #2 above.

5. Rebuild Chirpy.

7. When Chripy prompts you that various files already exist, just chose the overwrite option (e.g. *don't* create a newly named version of the same file).

Thanks! This solved it perfectly.

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Thanks ArmchairBronco,

Those steps almost got me all the way there.  However, when I compiled the shirpy.sln, I received an error "exited with code 9009".  So for the next adventurer who happens upon this, I'll tell you how to resolve it, or at least in my case.  In my instance this error is cause when the post build event passes a project path to the "postBuild.bat" that contains spaces. So to resolve this;

1. First, Right-Click on Zippy.Chirp and select Properties.
  2. Next, Select the Build Events Tab, and add quotation marks around the function in the Post-Build event command line window.
    1. For example, my new value was "$(ProjectDir)$(OutDir)\postBuild.bat" (See, the string is now quoted )
  3. Finally, Just recompile it, and continue on to the remaining steps from above;

Hope this helps